Monday, February 4, 2013

Happy February!

All my days seem to run together. I made a commitment to take monthly pictures of Amelia and I haven't been very good at keeping up with it. I have all the right intentions just not the time! I (sometimes) wish I was a stay at home mom. Amelia is now 7 1/2 months. She's got the flipping and rolling down pat! We have to give her things to hold onto when we're changing her diapers or clothes, otherwise she's squirming to escape! She is trying to crawl and it's so cute! She'll get on all fours and rock back and forth and take a dive forward. Between rolling and diving, she will eventually make it to where she's going.

I think the biggest thing I've learned as a parent is that I am not always in control. That's something hard for me to accept because I like to be the one controlling the outcome to my situations. Not the case with children. One of hardest things to realize with babies (all children for that matter) is that they grow at their own pace. Amelia is taking her sweet time in reaching her milestones, not to say she won't get there. She's slowly but surely tackling these new feats. I'm so proud of her. I just need to take a step back from time to time and realize that she'll get there when she's ready! :)

Now for the pictures - I just can't enough of her. And Benson has become so camera shy! He does not like the take pictures unless Amelia is in it with him. But he has been saying the funniest stuff! For example, mid conversation he says "Whatever, Jose!" as in "No way, Jose!" Hahaha. I mean how do you not die laughing at things like that.

waking up to these two is pure sunshine (Benson purposely makes funny faces)
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment