Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Weekend Recap: Happy Birthday to ME!

This weekend I celebrated my 25th birthday! (Talk about having your foot in the grave, ha!) I was a little sad at first to be turning half a century old but I'm really starting to embrace it now. I have a lot of be proud of; my family, my home, my job. I've been joking that I'm really celebrating the 4th anniversary of my 21st birthday. I know when that day comes that I feel "old" I'm going to cry like a baby. 

I hardly ever do anything special for my birthday. My birthdays became insignificant once I became a mom, so having Benson at 19 made me miss out on those 'party like a rockstar' celebrations. The only time I remember doing anything cool was when Eric threw me a surprise 21st birthday. (He really is the best husband) So this year I decided to celebrate ALL weekend long! Eric and I took Friday (my actual birthday) off of work to spend the day together with the kids. We started the day off with breakfast. My sweet husband made me a yummy green smoothie (household favorite) and an amazing omelet! He pulled the "I forgot something in the garage, can you go get it?" line. I knew he was up to something...


He got me the coolest road bike. We recently surprised Benson with a big-boy bike and I had previously gawked at some bikes. Looks like he had been listening. (good husband...)

 We went to lunch and did a little shopping and ending the day at the pool with my mom.

                                                                                                                 My mom and Amelia relaxing at the pool

I spent most of Saturday having a girls outing with my mini and did a little lot of shopping. I did some damage. Oops. We enjoyed the company of a few friends and family with a BBQ at our place. The night was spent with really good food, music and lots of laughs. 

Of course we did lots of drinking


My bestest friends growing up, my two cousins,  Surita and Vorada
The entrance to our doorway where Eric wrote this warning for our guests. "Welcome, please do not step on the bird shit!"
Check out that chalk work!
 
Sunday funday was spent relaxing. My the minis slept with my parents so Eric and I could finally get some alone time. We got to go grocery shopping together, alone! We ended the day drinking by the pool like old times. 

My birthday weekend was perfect! 




No comments:

Post a Comment