Wednesday, August 28, 2013

B Starts Kindergarten


Two weeks ago (the week we got back from the beach) Benson started Kindergarten! We met with his teacher at open house and instantly loved her. She had spunk and was very welcoming to Benson. I was the overly prepared mom that came with all our supplies in hand and ready to fill out any paperwork that came my way. I volunteered to buy her some additional craft supplies on her "wish list" and also signed up to be a helper for any crafts that she needed help with (i.e. paper cutting or gluing that she didn't have time to do). I really wish I was able to spend more time in the classroom with Benson but unfortunately with my work schedule, I'm very limited on time. 

On his very first day I got to watch him wait at the bus stop/ our driveway for the bus to come pick him up! Now some parents are against the bus, but I rode the bus up until I was able to drive myself to school and I had no problems and I came out perfectly fine. I know the world is so different now but we live in a decent neighborhood so I had no doubts that Benson would do fine otherwise. So after the million pictures with his backpack on and after all my slobbery kisses we sent him on his way and waved good-bye from the window. I remember looking at Eric once the bus left and we both got teary. Our little boy is growing up! We have arrangements for my Mom to get Benson off the bus in the afternoons. That night he told me his day went well and had two requests: He wanted to be a car rider and wanted to bring his lunch from now on.  

Fast forward two weeks later, and even with all the excuses you could think of that he came up with as to why he didn't want to ride the bus like "there are no seat belts, he had to share a seat with another kid, and it was too loud..." He is still riding the bus. I think he's getting acclimated now that he's made some friends. And as far as lunches, we decided that we are going to review the menu the night before and decide if that is something he wants to eat, otherwise we'll pack him a lunch. And that's that. Benson's in Kindergarten! AH!

No comments:

Post a Comment