Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Snowpocalypse 2014

We rarely get snow in Georgia but when we do, it's insane. The last snow storm that hit us, we were snowed in for almost a week. So when the meteorologists reported that it was going to snow, I'm sure most people didn't acknowledge it because snow never sticks here but low and behold, we got 2 inches of snow! And with the circumstances that came about, people were in gridlock traffic for hours, away from their homes and families. Children had to sleep at their schools. We were fortunate enough to be home together. I made my way home from downtown in terrible traffic but I'll take the little 2 hr drive over being stuck all night. With my lack of survival skills, I would have died. (maybe not die, but you know.)

This was Amelia's first snow and Benson's third snow experience. They had so much fun playing outside. I was just telling my mother in-law, who lives in MA, that I wish we could have brought the kids to visit so they could see snow! Benson was on the verge of tears when I made him come inside and take a break. He didn't even care that I had a warm cup of hot cocoa waiting on him. And as for Amelia, we've officially begun the I'm so mad at you limp body tantrums. So we had to first chase her and then carry her inside. Frozen toesies, fingers, and cheeks for both babes. 


The next day we slid in a laundry basket down our icy street. That's what happens when you have no sleds, toboggans or disks available!




No comments:

Post a Comment