Wednesday, February 8, 2012

18 weeks!

I really feel like time is flying by. Only 2 more weeks until we find out the sex. This will change the rest of our lives! If it's another boy, I can anticipate living a life where the toilet paper will never be changed, the toilet seat will forever stay up, dirty socks spread across the floor and I will constantly be stepping on Nerf bullets and Lego men. But nonetheless, so exciting! Originally Eric and I wanted a boy only because we saved everything of Benson's. Carseats, strollers, clothes, accessories. Everything! But we also anticipated on having another baby during the winter so those things would be reusable. But since baby #2 is a summer baby, all the clothes at least, will be 6 months too small. So we'll be starting over with clothes. Thankfully all the 'big ticket' stuff we still are able to use boy or girl. And I've opened up to having a little girl :) I don't think Benson would appreciate bows and pink and anything girly. And to this day, I warn him that baby may be a girl, he still screams NO! (what am I going to do with him)

We have yet to really prepare for baby #2. Although I still think it's too early but last night I felt baby's first kick, which made me realize "OMG! We're having another baby!". Everything is still put away nicely in the attic. We will not be making a nursery for the lack of room (my brother, Duke stays in our 3rd bedroom) so baby #2 will sleep in our room (I refuse to allow another child on my bed at night. That calls for uncomfortable sleeps and a foot in your face every morning. And it does not help when Eric tells me he slept with his mom until he was 12! WHAT!?) So crib next to the bed will do. And, if baby#2 is indeed a boy, it will work out perfectly for "my boys" to share their room together. Benson does have a  big room with everything a little boy would want. I still don't know why he isn't ready to move into his own room.

We're still playing around with names. I think we have a good list for our girl names but nothing set in stone for our boy lists. I don't know why, but we haven't been able to find a boy name we really like. Everything I throw at Eric he hates and everything he suggests to me is a "hell no!" Leave it to him alone and we will for sure have children named after super heroes and video game characters. Oh how terrible.

I thought I would start documenting (for fun and good memories) all the crazy, fun, silly things Benson says to me. He is so funny to me and really makes my heart melt with the things he says. And he's figuring out the things I want to hear to make me happy. For example, I know he's super thankful when I allow him to do something (like play on our Tablet) when he responds back "You're the best mom I ever had". hahhaa. Ok? Cool. Or when I picked him up yesterday from school I ask the typical "How was your day?" and his response "Great! I didn't get time-out or potty in my pants!"

Wonderful!!! Now that's what I call a great day too!! :)))

I also asked when he was going to start sleeping in his own room. B:"When I'm huge" -- When is that going to be? B:"A lot more days" I'm sure you can imagine my facial expression.... He kills me with the things he says!

No comments:

Post a Comment