Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Choummanivong party of 4

When 3 becomes 4! We're so excited for our new addition to the family. Only four more weeks until we find out the sex and that will also mark the "half-way" mark of my pregnancy. This pregnancy has gone by so fast. I'm almost there and sadly, I have yet to reach the uncomfortable part of what pregnancy has to offer. Yay. (enter sarcasm here)


I recently went through one of the worst things to go through during pregnancy...getting sick. What started out as a sore throat, quickly escaladed to full blown bronchitis. I was taken out of work for 1 day but ended up taking a full week off of work. I was miserable. I saw 2 different doctors that both said I couldn't take any medications and that I need to "let it run its course". WHATTTT. So I patiently laid in bed for days feeling terrible until I went to see another doctor who finally prescribed me an antibiotic pack. I okay'd it was my OB office (who said I should have been prescribed this to begin with) and Ta Da! I'm all better and back to work.


Today I reach 16 weeks which is when my OB doctor wanted me to start a progesterone treatment. So once a week until the end of my pregnancy, a home nurse will visit to give me an injection that will increase my chances of delivering full term. And the reason I'm having to do this is because I had Benson at 35 weeks and "full term" doesn't begin until 36 weeks. So all the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment