Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Maternity Boudoir Shoot

So this weekend my cousin came over to take the gender announcement photos but also to get some maternity boudoir shots to add to her portfolio. And call me crazy, but I feel the 'sexiest' when I'm pregnant. Such a natural, beautiful thing so I was all for it. I decorated my room to make it look as nice as I could get it and voila! My other cousin, Surita, also tagged along to do some second shooting. I've added both their work on here. But please please check them out at jphomm and suritav.


I forgot to share in the previous post about our reaction to finding out about our baby girl. Last Wednesday Eric and I both took a half day for the ultrasound but also decided we should include Benson in our wonderful experience. And before I tell you about how it went, I have to say that I had the 'maternal feeling' that I was having another boy. Compared to when I was pregnant with Benson, I feel/felt the SAME way. No morning sickness (although a wives tale, morning sickness means girl). No crazy cravings. And aside from the acne I got in my first trimester, I figured the emotional roller coaster I was cruising on was from the change in lifestyle... I now work full time and am a mother. So it's expected to have a harder pregnancy in that aspect this time around. So Eric and I planned and planned for a boy. We were going to sort through all the boy clothes and split Benson's room so 'the boys' could share. So much for that!

Ok so back to the story. We told the ultrasound technician that we wanted to record Benson's reaction for the unveiling of our baby. So after she took all the measurements she needed of baby, got some pictures, she was ready to tell us. Eric turned his camcorder on his phone on Benson's face. I was hyping Benson up with "Are you ready to find out?!" The excitement on his face was priceless so when the tech said "It's a girl!" Benson quickly went from excited to pout face and turned ALL his attention to my cell phone where he was playing some motorcross game. And you hear Eric saying "nu uh. nu uh" and you can hear me in the background "Are you sure?" Completely priceless! I would post the video but it isn't good quality. The lighting was very dim so you can't make too much of it out. But great memory nonetheless!

So baby girl it is and we're ready and can't wait. I've been getting so many ideas from Pinterest for do it yourself crafts. I've already made a couple bows and headbands for her. And it's exciting when Eric rubs my belly and asks "How are my girls?" ahhh, so sweet! I'm really starting to feel her kick around. The other night I took Eric's hand and with a little pressure, he was able to feel her kick! I got to share it with him but as soon as I put Benson's hand on my belly she had stopped. Plenty of kicks to come for the both of them to feel.

These are the headbands I've made so far. (taken on my phone so it doesn't look great) I literally spent all day Saturday on my sewing machine and online looking up tutorials and browsing around for ideas. I'm one excited mama!

My very favorite picture from the shoot. I love our expressions (we tried to make them as real as possible) and Eric and Benson did a great job. I love my little family. I'm so happy right now :)







No comments:

Post a Comment