Friday, February 3, 2012

It's almost over

This has been such a long week. I'm so glad it's coming to an end and I'll be able to relax and enjoy the weekend with my boys. Working in Atlanta has always been an adventure. I'm going on two years and I don't know how I haven't pulled out all my hair with the commute that I have to do daily. But this week has been especially emotionally straining. Every afternoon this week I have had to sit through at least 2 hours of traffic. Normally, it's around 45minutes to 1 hour commute home...not bad. But by some freak way, there have been major accidents causing major delays. What makes matters even more stressful is having to haul ass to make it to Benson's school before they close or we'll be charged extra per minute that they have to stay open. Not easy to do when you're at a stand still on 85N. Fortunately, Friday's I leave Atlanta around lunch time so I'm guaranteed no traffic today. (or so I think)

So this week I was determined to put a stop to our dining out splurge we've been having. Aren't people supposed to put effort into not going out to eat as a new year's resolution? Well not Eric and I. We were going out to eat 3-4 times a week! Ridiculous. So I searched pinterest for some recipes and quickly inspired and motivated myself to do some cooking! We whipped it up in the kitchen Wednesday night! Eric worked on making avocado fries as an appetizer to the "country chicken club pasta" I was making. Everything came out so good! I was so impressed with myself. It's almost a given that every meal I cook will either be too bland or too salty but this was perfect! And we even had left overs for lunch the next day! So tonight we're making a guacamole, bacon grilled cheese. Sounds delicious!
( I took a picture of the pasta. I haven't quite mastered the settings for my Nikon yet. But once I do, you better believe I'll have tons of pictures!)

Benson has been really attentive to my growing belly. He loves rubbing and kissing it. Sweetest thing. He is such a funny boy and only a boy can ask his pregnant mother if she "has a bomb in her belly". How funny is that? I asked him if he wanted a brother or a sister. His response : A BROTHER! And when I tell him that baby may be a girl, he gets upset. He's very determined on having a baby brother. And apparently that is because "he doesn't like girls". Well then.

And lastly, it's Friday which means I get my weekly progesterone injection. I don't like needles and it doesn't hurt too bad but the soreness that comes after is a real discomfort! It was sore in that spot for days. It's finally better only for the other side of my hip to get shot up again. Bummer.

Happy Friday! Go Pats!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment